Rider Registration Deposit
In order to meet our Australian Tax Office DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) obligations, each rider is required to make a registration deposit of $1,500 (not tax deductible).
Payment is due in the following instalments:
- $250 payable on registration
- $750 payable June 30, 2018
- $500 payable September 30, 2018
Invoices will be sent for deposit balances 30 days prior to the due date. The registration deposit in included towards each rider’s minimum fundraising requirement of $7,500. This deposit covers the costs incurred by the Amy Gillett Foundation in running Amy’s Share the Road Tour and kick starts your fundraising campaign.
Amy’s Share the Road Tour is a truly unique riding experience as participants tour like fully supported professionals. During the event riders are supported by:
- Tour Manager – experienced Tour Manager Anne Newell from Phil Anderson Cycling will be taking care of all logistical requirements.
- Director Sportif – Simon Gillett, Patron of the Amy Gillett Foundation, manages the tour routes and all on-road activities.
- Team Cars – Each peloton is allocated a team car. Your team car follows your peloton throughout the entire ride, protecting riders from traffic and supplying food, water and spares.
- Ride Leaders – Each peloton is guided by a Ride Leader, who is responsible for navigation and managing the peloton to ensure safety and cohesion on the road at all times. Your ride leader has radio contact with the team car.
- Massage – Volunteer massage staff will provide rejuvenating therapy each day for tired legs.
- Mechanical Support – A qualified mechanic will provide bike cleaning and maintenance services as well as driving a team car.
- Accommodation and Meals – Your meals and accommodation (excluding alcohol) are included for the duration of the tour.
Amy’s Share the Road Tour is a ride suited to varying levels of fitness and experience. A minimum of two pelotons selected by fitness levels provides a peloton which matches your abilities.